How to request and receive the perfect stationery design for your brand.
Every business owner understands that personalized visual communication emphasizes professionalism, by assuring the consistency of a brand looks and feels through all media and channels, both internally and externally. Here's where stationery design steps in. 👇🏻
Since stationery is used for both print and digital, every brand needs designs that are as professional as impactful and modern, while focusing on the actual purpose of the elements. Learn how to create the perfect brief with ManyPixels, to achieve a clean, eye-catching stationery identity.👇🏻
1. What does a good stationery set include?
Considered that part of your brand that you can actually touch, stationery commonly regards all visuality of your papers, office supplies, writing equipment, business cards, letterheads, envelopes, invoices, cases, post-its, and any other similar items. Depending on the size, nature, and purpose of your business, you might need just some or all of them. Confirm size and specifications for each item before submitting the brief to your ManyPixels designer (standard sizes are listed below).
2. Sizes and formats
Even though this may vary, standard stationery can still be pretty basic. The most common sizes are slightly different for America and the rest of the world.
Follow these specifications to ensure your letterhead, envelope, and business card designs print correctly. Sizes and formats must be communicated to your designer before starting working on the project, to avoid delays or misunderstandings. 👇🏻
- US letterhead - 8.5 x 11 inch
- Non-US letterhead - 210 x 297 mm
- US envelope - 9.5 x 4.125 inch
- Non-US envelope - 221 x 110 mm
- US business card - 3.5 x 2 inch
- Non-US business card - 85 x 55 mm
Other than the name, address, contact details, and website of the business, a few other elements can be included in stationery to serve as effective marketing, advertising, client service, and networking tools.👇🏻
- brands logo 👉🏻 all business stationery sets, without exception, should include the logo of the business.
- catch-line or slogan 👉🏻 the mission and vision statement of the business.
- social media 👉🏻 a strong presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest can determine great benefits by mentioning it subtly on the stationery.
What are your aesthetic preferences or reference materials you are inspired by? Always provide a visual direction for your designer 👉🏻 What other similar concepts do you like and why? You can upload them as attachments, share them as links or even save them and select them as your brand profile.
- upload images of similar graphics that you like or assets you already have and want to use
- provide links to similar concepts that you like, on platforms such as Dribbble, Behance, Pinterest, ManyPixels Portfolio, etc. or any other inspirational source you might find convenient.
☝🏻Where to find inspiration? Check our Ultimate Guide to creating efficient Mood Boards.
🙌🏻 After you've successfully completed all sections of the brief and submitted the project, your assigned designer will start working on it and will deliver the first draft on the next business day (sometimes 2 for complex requests). If revisions are needed, no worries, you can easily communicate with your designer using the chat in the ManyPixels app.
Ready to submit your first stationery set request? Pick the right plan for you here.