A business report is a mix of content and visual elements, that provides information and data analysis to help businesses make smart, informed decisions.
Here’s a list of some popular styles and types used by many companies to visualize their data:👇🏻
- Formal business report 👉🏻 it's designed in an already given format and it's presented to authority figures in an already established manner.
- Informal business report 👉🏻 it's designed following a more friendly, convenient format and presented on demand.
- Informative business report 👉🏻 it's designed with the purpose of providing information in a descriptive way, and it usually addresses a particular issue, situation or problem.
- Interpretative business report 👉🏻 it contains facts, opinions, feedback, numbers etc. which help with interpreting a certain information, situation or problem.
- Problem solving business report 👉🏻 it's designed to help solving a problem and suggesting or recommending a plan of action.
- Performance report 👉🏻 it helps monitorizing departments, teams and employees efficiency and performance.
Below is our latest guide, some tips & tricks and the steps we take to ensure business reports are created with design, content and your purpose in mind.👇🏻
1. Select your brand profile.
Once you've added the Project Name (similar to the subject line of an email), you will be asked to select which brand profile you would like to link to the brief. Everything from font and text size to custom graphics, images and colours must be addressed. If you have an official brand manual, please select it here. This will help us better understand your brand's visual strategy and will dictate what style we approach when creating your graphics.
👉🏻 You can choose an already created brand profile, allowing your designer to have access to those brand assets you want added or used as inspiration, making the process faster and easier.
👉🏻 You can request a completely new visual identity, in which case you can always create a new brand profile or simply use the upload button below for any designs, assets or inspiration we should follow.
☝🏻 For how to create brand profiles and link them to your requests, check 👉🏻 Brand Profiles
2. Describe the project
This section of the creative brief must contain all the necessary information to answer the most important question of all 👉🏻 What is the purpose if this business report?
Below are a few other questions that might help: 👇🏻
- What is it that you want to obtain?
- What is the main topic area the report needs to address?
- What feelings and associations do you want to evoke?
- What are the functional and emotional benefits it will deliver to customers? What problem does it solve?
Do you have any specific graphic elements that you want to see in your business report? The most efficient approach for getting back great concepts from your designer is simply.. communication. Your assigned designer cannot yet read your mind so the more into detail you can go regarding what you need and how it fits into your content, the faster you will obtain a perfect matching end result. 🙌🏻
3. Copy, size and format
👉🏻 How many graphics / pages do you need?
As obvious as it may seem, this information is essential. Whether it’s a single page report or a 10 pages financial analysis of the last business year, your Manypixels assigned designer needs to know! 🙌🏻
👉🏻 What size and format do you need?
What size do you need it to be and what file formats do you need us to provide? This information is essential to know from the beginning of the project so that no time is wasted on incorrect formats. Example: 2 pages A4 portrait .pdf
👉🏻 What's the exact copy you want to include?
Titles, sub-titles, paragraphs, we need to have access to your final content. 👌🏻
Before you submit the brief to your designer you need to mention also what graphics or images you want to show. Once you have a solid plan for what each page / slide should contain, your designer can start thinking about the concept.
💡Tips & Tricks! Does your design project require custom illustrations / icons?
If the answer is yes, don't forget to mention in the brief all details related, so that an illustrator along with a graphics designer can be assigned to your project right from the start, avoiding delays.
What other similar business report concepts do you like and why? You can upload them as attachments, share them as links or even save them and select as your brand profile.
You can also upload other similar files you already have that you want to redesign.
☝🏻Where to find inspiration? Check our ultimate Guide to creating efficient Mood Boards.
🙌🏻 After you've successfully completed all sections of the brief and submitted the project, your assigned designer will start working on it and will deliver a first draft on the next business day (sometimes 2 for complex requests). If revisions are needed, no worries, you can easily communicate with your designer using the chat in the ManyPixels app.
💡Tips & Tricks! Your assigned designer will provide daily updates until the project is completed. Here is a rough estimate on what you can expect to receive on a daily basis 👉🏻 daily output.
Ready to submit your first business report request? Pick the right plan for you here.