🥇 The Golden Rule of Manypixels: Amazing communication.
Manypixels is mostly about one thing: Amazing communication between YOU and YOUR designer.
Here are a few tips to help you nail that communication and ensure a long and happy relationship with your designer!
#1: Know what you want
Here are a few elements I would always include in your brief:
- Your business: What is your business about? What do your customers care about? Who are they?
- Your competitors: Who are your competitors? What designs or ads do you like from them?
- Your style preferences: Please include as many examples of designs you like, your brand assets, logo (if you have one) so we can know what you like and make a design that matches your brand.
💡 Pro Tip: Do you know you can go to your competitors' Facebook Pages on the left section in "Info and Ads" to check the ads they are currently running to get inspiration?
#2: Get inspired
There are tons of great websites to get inspired. Please use them!
- Pinterest: Any kind of graphic design inspiration
- Land-Book: Landing page inspiration
- SiteInspire: Web Design inspiration
- Collect UI: Tons of great UI elements inspiration
- Behance: Behance is the largest and most complete of all websites and you can find inspiration for branding, presentations, illustrations, etc.
- Dribbble: Mostly user interface designs and illustrations.
- Logopond: Logo Design inspiration
- Pttrns: Mobile Design inspiration
- Agency Websites: Famous design agencies can be a great source of inspiration as well such as Bravo, Pentagram, Landor, Mucho, MadeByAlphabet, Bond, etc.
#3: Communicate better
Here are a few tips:
- Be clear and concise: Please keep your briefs short, with concise sentences.
- Tell us the WHY: It is not only about throwing tens of inspiration links at your designer. Please tell us exactly why you like this and what elements we should keep on the design.
- Use tools: There are plenty of tools. Loom helps you record videos of your screen where you can pinpoint to the designer what you want or Balsamiq helps you create wireframes.
- Set your expectations: Do you need a quick brush up or a complete, well-thought of design that can take more time? The more we know about this, the more we can adapt to your needs.
- Coming soon - Use our Brief Templates: We are currently writing pre-made briefs that you can copy paste in Jar so that you can make faster and more effectiive requests. 🚀